WHO INVITATION TO CONCERNED PRESS FOR A COVID 19 PRESS CONFERENCE
In other news: WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean invites you to a press conference on the latest updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Thursday, 12 March 2020
WHO Regional Office, Cairo, Egypt
What: The WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean
(WHO/EMRO) invites all media outlets to a media briefing on the latest updates on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Media outlets who cannot attend in person can follow the event’s livestream on WHO/EMRO official social media accounts*.
The media briefing will include:
- An update on the global and regional situation by WHO Regional Director for the Eastern Mediterranean, Dr Ahmed Al-Mandhari.
- Key findings and recommendations from WHO missions to Iran, Bahrain and Kuwait.
- Questions from the media.
- Dr Ahmed Al-Mandhari, WHO Regional Director for the Eastern Mediterranean
- Dr Syed Jaffar Hussain,Regional Director’s Chef De Cabinet for the Eastern Mediterranean
- DrMaha El Rabbat, Special Envoy on COVID-19 outbreak response for WHO’s Director General
- Dr Richard Brennan, Regional Emergency Director (connected remotely)
- Dr Dalia Samhouri, Manager, Country Preparedness & International Health Regulations
- Dr Abdinasir Abubakar, Manager, Infectious Hazards Prevention (connected remotely)
- Dr Amgad El Kholy, Medical Officer, Infectious Hazards Prevention
When: Thursday, 12 March 2020 at 11:00 am
Where: Kuwait Hall, WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean, Monazamet El Seha El Alamia Street, Extension of Abdel Razak El Sanhouri Street, off Makram Ebeid Street, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
· Media are kindly requested to arrive at the venue at 10:30 am to set up (especially TV channels). The event will start at 11:00 am.
· All media representatives, journalists and crew should have their government-issued identification cards (e.g. national i.D., passport) together with their official media cards to present at the WHO entrance gates.
· 4 locations will be ready for media interviews with our spokespersons after the briefing. Ushers will guide media colleagues to those locations.
For more details, contact: